Sunday 27 February 2011

Rahat Fateh Ali Khan mulls legal action against the Indian officials

Pakistani singer Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, who was arrested at the airport in Delhi for the carriage of non-declared foreign currency plans against the Indian to confiscating authorities legal action would have his money.

Rahat was arrested at Airport International in New Delhi Indira Gandhi on February 13 for the transportation of foreign currency undeclared worth more than $124,000. Directorate of revenue Intelligence (DRI) he studied for more than a week before his passport back and paste him and his manager Rs.1.5 million each.

"Get back the amount forfeited is my right. It cannot be taken away from me, "he said with a press conference Wednesday evening in Lahore, Pakistan's Punjab province capital.

"I'm taking legal advice and also discuss the issue with my friends, Rahat, who is returning to Pakistan, a." the decision legal courses will be taken accordingly.""

"I also paid the fine of Rs.1.5 million of my own pocket", he said.

"It was a case of the Customs Act and I didn't know this before," he said, adding that "all transactions of money earned by India earlier, it was from one bank to another." "This is the first time that I was paid in cash," he claimed.

"I have fully cooperated in the investigation and have no complaints against authorities," he said.

"During this troubled period, the Indian Government and the Director especially Indian Mahesh Bhatt supports me much," he recalled.

Rahat says it finds as much love for the Indian public visits.

"There are has all kinds of people everywhere but my experience has been good, he said everything in urging other Pakistani artists working in India" remain aware of the legislation of the Government and to respect their ".".

Rahat, nephew of the legendary singer Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, is popular in Pakistan and India. Many of his songs to success of Indian movies are a rage on both sides of the border, for which he won several awards, including the recent Filmfare award for "Dil to Bachcha Hai Jee".
-IANS



View the Original article

No comments:

Post a Comment