Saturday 19 February 2011

I want to do an intense love affair: Bhandarkar

He admits that women-centric films are her forte but Madhur Bhandarkar does not stick to a single genus. After a comedy filmmaker now wants to lead an intense love story.

I am a great admirer of Raj Khosla and Vijay Anand. Can you believe the same filmmaker who made "Guide" "Jewel thief" was also made. I would like to be known for all types, "says Bhandarkar.

"I want to do an intense love as"ek duuje ke liye"story." I also wish to make a thriller as "teesri manzil". "But yes, forceful women-centric cinema is my forte," added Bhandarkar, who has ventured into comedy with "dil toh baccha hai ji".

His impressive work of women-centric films include movies hailed by critics as "Chandni Bar," "3″ and"satta"Page."

Excerpts from an interview:

Q: you've jumped genera with "dil toh bachcha hai ji"? At a time when female-centric films such as "Zero killed Jessica" well why male-centric film change?

A: I like surprising everyone including myself. It is not easy when you move out of your comfort zone. First of all I earned not a chick flick. This is a boys' film. Close to me, people know that I have a good sense of humour. In fact, all my actors Bipasha Basu, Konkona Sen Sharma, Priyanka Chopra, Tabu…, they all said, "madhur tu hansata hai kitna. So I thought, why not a comedy? But I never thought it would be so difficult.

I wanted to go back to comedy Basu Chatterjee and Hrishikesh Mukherjee. My goal for the comedy was not "rohit shetty golmaal" but "hrishida golmaal".

Is Q: true that you were supposed to make a film about Jessica Lal?

A: Yes, I was going to make a film about Jessica Lal. In fact, I said Ronnie Screwvala of UTV that I liked the idea of making a film about the case of Jessica Lal. I had registered the title "Jessica" after my film "satta. If you you remember this Raveena Tandon film played by Sameer Dharamadhikari husband shot a bar girl in the movie. He draws the girl when she says Bar band hai.

I saw "zero killed Jessica." Rajkumar Gupta did a job end I had enjoyed his "Aamir" too. He played very well and shot. If the case is based there. Every day as a filmmaker find you a new idea.

Q: and then for Madhur?

A: I am a great admirer of Raj Khosla and Vijay Anand. Can you believe the same filmmaker who made "Guide" makes "Jewel Thief". I would like to be known for all genres. I want to write a history of intense love as "ek duuje ke liye". I also wish to make a thriller as "teesri manzil". But, Yes, forceful women-centric cinema is my forte.

Q: you're a big fan of Gulzar, aren't you?

A: Oh yes I am greatly influenced by Gulzar saab cinema. It seems to me a big compliment when people refer to me as an era new Gulzar. I know that every film and lyrics he wrote by heart. In "dil toh baccha hai ji" even the title is a tribute to Gulzar saab.

I acquired rights Gulzar saab "hota jisko apna koi" song "Simple apne" and used in "dil toh baccha hai ji". This is one of my favorite songs written by Gulzar saab. "aur kya composition kiya hai salil chowdhary does." It would be criminal to change the track in any way. I used it in the original form. Who can sing like Kishore da today?
-IANS



View the Original article

No comments:

Post a Comment